March 4, 2017

The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 4

IMG_1939


For Day 4 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge with Kathy Racoosin.



Teaming up once again with Ardyth of MASKerade. This time we are each using a different Otter set. I am using MFT Stamp's Otterly Love You that I coloured with Prismacolor colouring pencils (that is what we call them in Canada). I finally opened them to colour my otter. They were a Christmas gift from my hubby and for some reason I was afriad to open them--lol.  My initial reaction when I started colouring was this is not as easy as it looks. However as I got going and got a feel for how creamy they are and how forgiving they are compared to other mediums. I still need lots and lots of practice and I have 70 other colours to explore.

My card has the second otter that I coloured on it. The first otter I took about an hour to colour as I was getting to know the lay of the land and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. When I moved on to my card I used a smooshing technique that Francine Vuillème demonstrated in a You Tube video. Got the background done and cleaned up and placed the otter on the card to figure out where I wanted it to go and apparently there was still a teeny tiny spot of wet ink on the card!


I couldn't let it go and started again. Funny thing I still like the colouring on the first one the best.



tracey_30Day-4


 

10 comments :

Aileen said...

I ink the colouring of your second one is pretty smick, meaning really good. Love it and the water background, fabulous.

Karen B. said...

Ooh, love the way you've done the water!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute! LOVING that otter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nora Noll said...

this is so CUTE!! I LOVE the little other and that background you created ROCKS!!! I tried to keep up with this challenge but just cannot get the photos done. The coloring I do but posting not so much!!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, this is adorable!!

Lisa Lara said...

Super cute Tracey. I love your background!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet little otter floating around the ocean...just adorable!

Sharron said...

Great coloring on your ocean! Love this adorable little otter!

Anita in France said...

That ocean is fantastic, Tracey ... and your little otter is just so sweet ... both versions! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Your smooched ocean is terrific, Tracey! I would love all that foamy splashy beautiful aqua water if I were an otter! Even if I weren't an otter! You are too much of a perfectionist, my friend! Your otter would have looked right at home with an ocean spray on him - it's what happens IRL, after all, lol!! Hugs, Darnell