December 20, 2016

CCC #229 and a Goodbye


cover

It's time for a new cue card at CASology!
On the heals of the holidays this is a two week challenge and hopefully you will be able to find a crafty moment to play along.

This week`s new cue is:



For my card I made a yummy toasted marshmallow. I started off by die cutting my shapes and then coloured my stick with Copic markers and then embossed with a woodgrain impressioin plate. The marshmallows were sponged with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink for that lightly toasted look. I created a border with chocolate brown cardstock and the sentiment was also stamped in brown. The marshmallows were adhered with foam tape for dimension.

tracey_CCC#229

Thank you all so much for sending your good wishes and prayers to my mom last week.  I am happy to report that she is doing well and is now home. That was definitely my Christmas wish!

Hop on over to the CASology blog to see what the rest of the team has made to inspire you this week.
Can't wait to see what you make...


Hannelie Bester
Sherrie Mannion
Jacquie Southas
Deidre Payne

Guest: Susan


Now for a goodbye. This will be my last post as a design team member for CASology. I have been on the team since the very beginning on July 10, 2012, see my first post HERE. It was my first design team and 229 weeks later I am stepping down. I have needed to make some changes in my commitments and make more time for family and my health. The CASology team has been like a family to me and Melissa has been such a pleasure to work for, she is so talented and so organized. I will miss the amazing girls on the team and you can be sure that I will come back and play along with the cue cards as often as I can.  Thank you so much Melissa! xo

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all the best for 2017!

16 comments :

Melissa said...

Such a creative take on the cue word, Tracey! LOVE it! So happy your mom is on the mend! Hugs!!!

Joyce said...

These marshmallows are perfectly toasted just how I like them.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun take on the cue card, Tracey! I love how you created the 'toasted' look on the marshmallows...looks great!
I'm so glad that your mom is home safe and sound...it's such a blessing!
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Lisa Elton said...

Okay, now I want toasted marshmallows!! This is so dang cute Tracey!!

Marisa said...

This made me smile - too cute! So glad to hear your mom is doing much better and home for Christmas :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad to hear she is home! I loveeeeeeee this! So FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

My favorite toast of all ... could be a wee bit toastier!
xo

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Tracey, those marshmallows look good enough to eat! So glad you're mom is doing better, wishing you and your whole family a wonderful holiday!

Maria said...

Oh, what a warm fun card, Tracey!! And, I was happy to hear that you're Mom is doing better!! Merry Christmas to you and family!!

Kara Lynne said...

So glad to hear you mom is doing better, Tracey! I love your toasty marshmallows! Merry Christmas!

Kim Heggins said...

So happy to hear your mom is doing better, still sending prayers. Your card is just too darn cute and such a clever take on the cue card!

~amy~ said...

How perfect! Love this Tracey.

A.Rose said...

What an incredibly unique take on the sketch!!! I love your sense of humor as well as your card making skills!

Cat Craig said...

Super take on the cue word! Merry Christmas Tracey.

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Tracey ... perfectly toasted! Great to hear your Mom is home and doing better! Hugs, Anita :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW Tracey, so glad health and happiness is first! Always love your style, and as part of the CASology Alumni...only 2 years under my belt, but also my VERY first team..so glad I met you all and will always stay in touch!!!! HUGS!