August 19, 2016

Essentials by Ellen August Mix IT Up Challenge: Winnie & Walter



cover


 Happy Friday!


I have a card for the Essentials by Ellen August Mix It Up Challenge. This month we are mixing it with Winnie & Walter. I used Essentials by Ellen All Inside and Oh Frappe stamps and dies and mixed it with Winnie & Walter's In a Word: cheers cutaway.

ETA: I missed the deadline for this month's PinSights 🙁
However I still wanted to share my card. Hope it bring a smile to your face!

I started by die cutting my word and sponging it with Distress Ink. Then I sponged patches of Distress Ink onto cardstock and stamped my images, embossed in white and cut them out. My background panel is watercolour paper sponged with Distress Ink and then I flicked some water on it. The panel was adhered to the card base with foam tape. The sentiments was adhered direct to the panel and the images were adhered with foam tape.

tracey_EHkmix_aug 

 

13 comments :

Marianne said...

Love your card, Tracey. Too bad the challenge linky has already closed. I know because I was hoping to finish my own card one of these days but noticed the new pin-sights challenge started yesterday. Don't you hate when that happens? At least your card is bound to put a smile on the recipient's face.

Lynn said...

Love this! So summery and happy.

Karen B. said...

What a fun summery card!

I Card Everyone said...

This is a fantastic mix, Tracey! I'll take one of those slushies!! xx
=]

Cat Craig said...

Oh what a fun summery card Tracey. Love that blue sky backdrop to your no doubt icy drinks.

Diane Jaquay said...

Super cheery, fun card!!

Maria said...

Perfect card for a hot summer day, Tracey! Great colors and design...love it!!

Lisa Lara said...

I love the sun with your frappes Tracey and love your colored word die. Such a fun card.

Lindsey said...

I love this card, Tracey! I'm sorry you missed the deadline... although not too sorry, since Random decided to pick me! :D I've stamped the sun in black on yellow, but I will now shamelessly steal your brilliant idea of using white. ;) The watercoloured sentiment is awesome, too — I really like W&W word dies!

Lisa Elton said...

This happy card looks like summer!!

Darnell said...

This definitely brought a smile to my face, Tracey! It is such a perfect card for a summer day!! Hugs, Darnell

Sharron said...

Love the colors, Tracey--just perfect for summer!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you paired your stamps and dies to create this fabulous card, Tracey! Your background is amazing, and I love the pop of colors on the elements and sentiment!