May 8, 2015

Tag You're It Challenge #21

Happy Friday!

I can't believe it has been 6 days since I have posted. Lots of things happening as usual, I don't know how I ever found time to work. More likely it was that when I worked full time, a lot of stuff just didn't get done. As of today my daughter has been off school from the teacher's strike for three full weeks. The first week was fun, no school, sleeping in--the honeymoon. After week two she was ready to get back.   

This week our focus has been on making a final decision about where she will be attending next fall. She had offers from 5 Universities but in the end she had to choose just one.  She has chosen the offer from Laurentian University for Concurrent Education Primary/Junior.  Laurentian is the University Ben goes to and she struggled with that a bit, wanting to make her own path, but when she weighed out the options she saw this as being the best choice.  The program is 5 years instead of 6, it is the only school in Ontario that is able to offer it for this year. Starting 2016 the program will be 6 years everywhere in Ontario. Ben is in the Architecture building which is downtown where Brooklyn will be on main campus, so their paths will not typically cross, but for me I know her big brother is there for her. Okay I'll stop, I know what you came here for...

We have a new challenge starting today at Tag You're It.




Inspired by the colours, they embossing paste and dimension I came up with this one. Excited to finally ink up my Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamps.  Not my usually CAS style but so much fun to create.  Maria Fisher commented on my blog the other day that I was 'goin' mixed media'--ha ha sometimes it just happens. The tag was cut, the embossing paste went on, the bird was stamped over the dry paste and then the cup was added with foam tape. We would l0ove to see you play along this week!

tracey_TYI21

19 comments :

Michelle said...

I love those crazy birds, but I haven't brought them home yet. Your tag is super!

How awesome that there were 5 unis to choose from, wow! And how awesome that both your kids will be in the same town. I'm thinking that is better than you having to drive in two different directions for visits. ;-) It's going to be very different when both your kids are away. I'll be thinking of you when the time comes.

Lynn said...

Congratulations to Brooklyn. Absolutely wonderful news! So happy for your family and I love the funky feel of your tag too.

Becca Cruger said...

Now that is one crazy bird! Glad to see you're back in the blogosphere. And congratulations to your daughter. I had the same experience picking the same college as my brother. In the end it was a great decision and were much closer because of it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So exciting that she made her choice!!! I am loving your tag!! That bird is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh this guy is just too cute! Love that you left him as a line drawing... looks as if he hasn't had his first cup!! Lovely news about Brooklyn... I happen to love the idea of big brother being on the same campus - and it sure sounds as if he's happy about it, too!
=] Michele

Lisa Elton said...

Knowing she will have her big brother close by will make you more comfortable too! What a fun bird on this tag Tracey, terrific texture too!

~amy~ said...

awwww...congrats to your girl! How exciting and congrats to you Momma! I can imagine it is a slight relief to have her older brother nearby:)

Your tag is wonderful...I love those birds!

Maria said...

Huge congrats to your daughter...how exciting! And, what a fab tag! Love the bird and the texture for the background...so fun!:-)

Deepti said...

I love your take and that birdie is so cute :)

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I have to say that I feel so badly for Brooklyn that the teacher's strike is still going on! So unfair to the kids...just sayin'!
Congrats to her for selecting a college ~ How wonderful that her big brother will be nearby...Best of luck to her with her studies ~ Exciting times, indeed :)

I love, love, love these crazy birds, and I think he looks so cool checking out the cup of coffee on your tag! Love the texture you added with the paste, too...it looks really fab with the checked papers! Thanks for inspiring us to play along!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun tag! I adore those crazy birds!

Kay Miller said...

Your tag is so cute Tracey! I love that comical bird! Congratulations to Brooklyn! You have a lot to be proud of with both of your kids! They sound awesome!

Annette Allen said...

yay for 5 universities.. congrats to your daughter..

your tag is too fun.

Joyce said...

Congratulations to Brooklyn (and you). What a nice feeling that she will be in the same place as Ben. And, convenient for you to visit. I have been seeing those crazy birds all over the place, and it is nice to see them here on your mixed media tag. I guess you have been living on the wild side with your craft supplies this week.

Sharron said...

Oh, I have been so tempted to order that bird set! Love the funky image and your cute tag! Congrats to Brooklyn on making her college selection. Sounds like a great choice for everyone and I know you will feel more comfortable with them close to each other.

Anita in France said...

Fun and funky and I just love that crazy bird, Tracey! Congratulations to Brooklyn ... how great you can visit her and Ben at the same time! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

I enjoy both your cards and your tidbits of real life! Don't ever feel you have to stop sharing! Great cards too!

cm said...

Kudos to Brooklyn in having 5 universities vying for her; selecting the one she did makes perfect sense, not only because of the program being offered, but in having Ben nearby. Big brothers truly do love taking care of their little sisters! As for you, I'm sure that knowing they're close to one another, offers you peace of mind. I can't imagine how much you'll miss them both being away; just means more visiting opportunities and treasured times when you're together. Your tag: love, love and love it! You've worked magic with Mr. Bird...
Hugs~c

Kim Heggins said...

A big congrats to Brooklyn...so happy for her. Love your tag and that bird is so darn cute!