September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday

Just a quick post after a busy weekend.  I came across this DCWV Nana's Kids paper pad on the weekend and decided that I would make a card for my nephew who will be turning 5.   I have been wanting to try this technique of die cutting the number out of my paper and using it, not the number.  I was pleased with the way it turned out.  I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp-tember challenge and the Anything Goes Challenge.



Cardstock:  New Leaf (PTI)
Patterned paper: Orange Zest Paper Pack (PTI), Nana's Kids (DCWV)
Stamps: Birthday's By the Numbers
Ink:  True Black
Dies: By the Numbers

14 comments :

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is so cute! I love the paper.

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Tracey and perfect for your nephew! Love the stripes peeking put of the number negative!

Gillian R said...

Great card & such cute paper

The Paper Parade said...

Tracey, I love it! The paper is adorable, and the orange stripe behind the five truly makes it pop off the card! Your nephew is going to adore it :)

Lynn said...

Oh how fun!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this was my all time favorite stack from dcwv when i had my first son. love this card

Marlena M. said...

This is adorable Tracey!

Joyce said...

What a fun card. Super way to use numbers and feature that adorable paper.

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so cute , Tracey! Love the stripes peeking through.

Darnell said...

What a great idea for a number treatment, Tracey, and that paper is perfect! (I'll be curious if the little guy tries to lift the 5 off the card, because it really stands out!!)

Cheryl said...

Very cool! Love the striped dp showing through the "5"

carol (krillsister) said...

Great colors. Love how you used the negative die.

Michelle said...

wowzers!!! this is incredible! so fun!!!!

Jean said...

What cute paper! LOVE the negative die cut!